CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Books

One day at work I was ringing a customer up and he made the comment that he had to return a book because it was defective. At once I wondered how a book could be defective. Defective means it doesn't work and how could a book not work. Even if a page is torn, you can still read it. The book is damaged not defective. The customer answered my question before I could ask. There were two chapter 13's and no chapter 14. Yes, I realized, that is a defective book. When you are reading a book, you cannot read chapter 13, skip 14 and go straight to 15. What if chapter 14 is the most pivotal chapter? What if it has the climax of the book? Without that chapter, it just doesn't work.

1 comments:

Luz said...

It's so good to have you on blog even though I have found myself reading the same entry again and again for the past couple of days. Hope you update soon...ideas as to what to talk about? Kickball, Olympics, book you are reading, last devotion you did, stories that go through your head, how you talk to yourself...oh wait, that's me!
I love you and miss you tons
Looking forward to reading about your Colorado trip...update on your excitement and preparations for that!